On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:10:42PM +0059, Han Boetes wrote:
> OTOH I have seen quite a few RPMS that were build only on the  packagers
> machine. That person rpm now depends on  libraries  that  exist  on  his
> machine the don't exist in mdk-cooker. ie Don't upload binaries built on
> your machine and use the mdk build-hosts to make them.

Yes well the binaries should still be built on the build system.  I'm
just asking for a bit of testing before they get put there to build. :)

> Most Perl makefiles support the test target. When I make a  Perl-SRPM  I
> turn on that test target just to make sure everything is OK.

Yes but mostly I'm referring to the Mandrake perl tools.  E.g. how many
times has urpmi or various other drake tools been uploaded with a syntax
error that breaks them.

> Difficult situation. But indeed it is better to wait  at  least  to  the
> next day when you release a package. Don't rush  it  out.  After  a  few
> releases I learned to recognize the feel of the rush and that I  had  to
> sit on my hands and wait until the next  morning  after  the  coffee  to
> double-check everything.

Exactly my point.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols