onsdagen den 20 november 2002 21.20 skrev Ben Reser:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 01:24:35PM +0100, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > Ok, thank you.
> >
> > What if I needed help with something?
> >
> > For example the "DarwinStreamingServer-Admin" package is screwy, and
> > lately the softwares in the "dsniff" package segfaults, I have asked for
> > help several times but no one has stepped forward. Should I just ask
> > Mandrake to delete these from contribs?
>
> IMHO yes.  Until you think they are decent.  Yes this is a development
> tree.  But that doesn't mean we should be uploading broken packages...
> Though if a project is in process and it's made clear of that in the
> changelog then I guess that's okay.  But the problem (especially with
> contribs) of uploading broken packages is that the fact the package is
> broken gets forgetten and ends up getting released with the final
> version.  Then people think Mandrake sucks because they released broken
> stuff.  We'd be better off not to have something than having something
> that's broken.

OK, I will ask them to delete these packages. I will release a new
"DarwinStreamingServer" suite without the damn web admin stuff, I think I
will drop the "DarwinStreamingServer-Media" package too. That damn admin
stuff is a piece of junk anyway, so I don't think people would miss it too
much...

Now Per Øyvind Karlsen stepped forward about the "dsniff" package, it will
maybe be fixed tonight or tomorrow. This package was a nightmare to get it to
compile, once it did, I ran the softwares and didn't notice anything
strange..., the thing is they don't segfault right away...

I think it would be very interesting and also very useful to have the "dsniff"
package working... So anyone who can help out to solve this mystery is
invited to my hall of fame :)

Chears.
--
Regards // Oden Eriksson, Deserve-IT Networks

Check the "Modules For Apache2" status page at:
http://www.deserve-it.com/modules_for_apache2.html