On Saturday 23 November 2002 11:08 pm, Damian Gatabria honored me with this
communique:
> El Dom 24 Nov 2002 00:50, Jay DeKing escribió:
> > On Saturday 23 November 2002 11:15 am, Buchan Milne honored me with this
> >
> > communique:

> > > Noting of course that OO.o sets AA by *pixel size* not by point size,
> > > you should probably just turn off AA in OO.o, or adjust the *pixel*
> > > size tha OO.o starts doing AA at. By default this is something like 8
> > > pixels, while IMHO, it should really be more like 16 or 20.
> > >
> > > Buchan
> >
> > Hmm ... I don't use anti-aliasing. Haven't tried that for the OO
> > problems.
> >
> > By the way, my terminal fonts were s t r e t c h e d  o u t  l i k e  t h
> > i s until I set them to "unicode."
>
> i've seen it too, however i was able to reproduce it with MDK 8.2,
> so it's no new issue. (konsole and gnome-terminal seem to have
> problems with TTF fonts.)
>
> Damian

How did you reproduce it with MDK 8.2?

The reason I ask is, there was a sudden outbreak of this problem here on the
cooker list when freetype2 was updated. Coincidence? Perhaps, but the problem
happened *immediately* after the update.

When I logged back in after updating freetype2, my konsole had the s t r e t c
h e d  font problem - though the assigned font was just the "medium" size
from the Konsole menu, nothing TrueType about it, except that it looked like
Courier (Bold), which I had not been using. I hadn't even been using a
Courier font.

In fact, since updating a few more packages from the cooker (not sure which
one fixed the problem) I'm not using the Unicode font in Konsole, but rather
the Adobe Courier (I change fonts a lot, and it felt right this time). The
default Konsole fonts are still toast.

This leads me to believe that it *is* a new problem, but now you introduce
doubt. And I had it so neatly wrapped up in a little package. Sigh. Perhaps
it is an old problem that had been fixed but has returned?

Jay

--
Drinking makes such fools of people, and people are such fools to begin
with, that it's compounding a felony.