On Sun 2002-12-29 at 13:18:20 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Sunday 29 December 2002 02:10 am, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:
> >> At least I feel offended by this text:
>
> > Well, don't you think that by giving out the program for free he is
> > entitled to some accompanying words?
>
> ...and from what you've said, the words are only in the licence,

No, I said the very opposite: they are not part of the copyright (and
they cannot be in the license, because the GPL may not be modified).

> not in the users' face in large animated flourescent lettering or
> anything. So do what you'd do with an objectionable list message:
> counter-argue or ignore it.

I answered to the original mail in order to make the above point clear
(which the original poster was not sure about). Obviously I failed,
because you concentrated on a side-note of mine.

And to prevent any misunderstanding: I did not answer your mail to
counter-argue the latter part, but get the facts straight: the
questionable words are *not* part of the license or the copyright.

Bye,

        Benjamin.