Damn people on this list rock...I have never even heard of that command!! Cool, thanks (and I didn't even need it!!).

Regards,

Jason
*sitting in awe at his ignorance of so many things Linux.....

Vox wrote:
This time Steve Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

I noticed that urpmi now tries to figure out all the unresolved
dependencies on your system just like how apt does. I think this is
extremely annoying behavior and I wish I was disabled by default.

Justification:

I have an application, SuperFoo, installed. It has a dependency on IBM's
Java Runtime Environment (JRE). I need to use Sun's JRE because IBM
hasn't bothered to release one that likes gcc 3.2 yet. And I know from
my usage that it works fine with Sun's JRE. SuperFoo is a proprietary
application so I don't have the source for it. Having to repackage it
every release to remove the stupid hard requirement on IBM-JDK is
extremely annoying.

So I can install SuperFoo with straight rpm -Uvh --nodeps. Life is good
and I can use SuperFoo.

  Easy to fix:

  rpm -e --justdb SuperFoo

  That'll delete SuperFoo from your rpm database without deleting the
  actual files. That way your deps will work nicely and you have your
  package installed.

  Vox