On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 23:19, Vox wrote:

>   I actually like to think that urpmi getting old unresolved deps
>   flagged is A Good Thing(tm). If you don't care for deps, don't use a
>   package *manager*.

I totally appreciate that for packages which are being
upgraded/installed. But for stuff that's not being modified, it
shouldn't worry about it.

The whole "all dependencies must always be resolved" is nice if you live
in your closed little world where smart packagers like Mandrake create
proper dependencies.

But in the Real World (tm), there are idiots who package things to fit
in their little world. They won't listen to me when I say to use a
"Requires: java" instead of "Requires: IBM-JDK".

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org