This time Steve Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 19:47, Vox wrote:
>
>>   Easy to fix:
>>
>>   rpm -e --justdb SuperFoo
>
> While that is certainly a solution, it seems like an awful nasty hack.
> (but thanks for the tip :)
>
> I would much prefer to see the tool remain smart. Really, why should it
> even care if unrelated dependencies are unresolved? It's kind of like
> getting into other people's business even though they didn't ask you to.
> (ok, maybe that's not the best analogy, but it's all I can think of)

  I actually like to think that urpmi getting old unresolved deps
  flagged is A Good Thing(tm). If you don't care for deps, don't use a
  package *manager*.

  But that's just MNSHO.

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_