onsdagen den 15 januari 2003 14.35 skrev Thomas Backlund:
> From: "Oden Eriksson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > onsdagen den 15 januari 2003 12.49 skrev Thomas Backlund:
> > > From: "Oden Eriksson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Maybe download a test package a couple of times from each mirror and make
>
> an
>
> > average, repeat this for all(?) mirrors. This should be done once, but
>
> also
>
> > as an option to re-validate.
>
> Thisn is the problem... Some times for examle sunet and sunsite are 'slow'
> due to
> heavy workload, if you happend to do the test then, they will get a low
> rating...
>
> So how will you know when to re-validate ?
>  ( of course when you know the mirrors, it's easy, but for an average user,
>     it could be a pain in ...)

anacron, when local load average are low (when you're asleep), on demand,
etc.? This will enable you to make a baseline when each mirror is not so
congested, and use that mirror when you want do rsync. He he..., I don't
know..., let's skip 3.) for now and focus on the other issues :)

Some perl hacker could probably make this work, maybe even Troels himself? If
I knew how to code I would have started yesterday with this.
--
Regards // Oden Eriksson, Deserve-IT.com