On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 06:31, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > > Fair? What does fair have to do with anything? Red Hat were able to make
> > > a successful IPO, MandrakeSoft wanted to and didn't. That is, Red Hat
> > > made a successful financial move, MandrakeSoft didn't. IBM give money to
> > > SuSE in the belief that it'll ultimately benefit IBM. Apparently, no
> > > large companies believe that the survival of MandrakeSoft is in their
> > > long-term interest.
> > > --
> > > adamw
> >
> > He was talking about your comparison of the situations not being fair,
> > not about fairness in the business world with regard to Mandrake's IBM,s
> > and Red Hat's financial decisions.  You know that and so does everybody
> > else. John was correct.
>
> That may have been what he was talking about, but my point is that
> that's completely irrelevant.

One point I'd like to make is that you use the word irrevelant quite
excessively, mostly when you don't want to mentally encompass the other
person's point of view; the other person is always irrevelant, yet your
pov is not.  In this case, once again, you blatantly obfuscate the idea
that John was putting across, which is that this is an apples to oranges
comparison; thus useless for sane debate in the arena in which you began
discussion.  You comparison is perhaps useful in a one minded mentally
rabid debate, which seems to be where it's at right now.

--LX
--
Kernel  2.4.18-6mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.2