On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:45:50 +0100 (CET)
"Guy.Bormann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Marcel Pol wrote:
> > Warly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Midnight Commander 83 (really useful ?)
> >
> > Yes, it's imo the best filemanager for console and X (xterm)
> Yep, as a filemanager on non-X servers and as a fallback when X is
> in trouble...

it's the most useful file tool ever, the ultimate swiss knife when
there's no X. And even in X I always have a terminal open with mc.

When newbs trash their X config and are stranded on the CL, what will
you do? Tell them to use vi to fix it?

btw, cooker mc segfaults on VTs (and only there) whenever you ctrl-o and
run something like cat, less or any shell script. When you ctrl-o again
to get mc panels back, you get a nice core dump. Maybe it just needs a
rebuilt. I'll try

- Mark