--- Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > Hi list.
> >
> > I've used courier-imap since 0.20 or something but
> since I found this new(?)
> > imap server a while back it got me curious. Now.
> I'm a contributer and
> > packager for Mandrake Linux, and I know for a fact
> we are looking for a
> > uw-imap drop-in replacement. courier-imap has been
> in contribs for a while
> > now but haven't made it into the maintree, I guess
> because it's so strange...
> >

> What's strange about courier? I have one production
> server running UW,
> which convinced me never to use it in production
> again, so my other
> servers run courier.

I tried courier-imap and it was flaky, went back to
UW.  Not fancy, but easy to set up, supports SSL, and
just works.

> The big issue is migrating mail which is in mbox
> files. That's why my
> first prodcution mail server *still* runs UW. And
> unfortunately that
> affects all current Maildir server. Would be nice if
> there were a
> mbox2maildir migration IMAP server ;-).

I'm not in love with Maildir anyway.

> Also, the KDE kolab project uses cyrus ... so do we
> want 4 IMAP servers
> in the distro?

No, but certainly having cyrus would be nice.  I've
been waiting (why so long?) for them to add SSL
support, once that's done I'm hoping it'll become the
default IMAP server.

It's got that wonderful SIEVE (server-side filtering)
stuff, and look...people on the MandrakeClub are
clamoring for it.

I'm tired of hearing it won't make it in because of
the license, I think someone has something against it.
 I hope someone comes up with a clear explanation of
what the deal on that is.