On Sunday February 16 2003 08:43 am, Adam Williamson wrote:
> The fact that it seems to happen to so many people suggests to me
> that at least some of them are experiencing Mandrake bugs, which
> makes discussing it legitimate on this list.

   I've only tried installing from the last two betas (2 & 3). My ram,
512mb cas2, passes all memtest86, mprime, and cpuburn tests.

> > On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, R. Dale Thomas wrote:
> > > seems to go alright untill the loading of second stage, and
after
> > > clearing the screen and issuing the message "loading second
stage"
> > > it just hangs.  Nothing happens at all.  Any ideas what I should
> > > change?

   I have the same experience, ie, "loading second stage" hangs, both
b2 and b3, but only if I press <F1> and type 'expert'.  If I just hit
<Enter> and let it do a regular install it all proceeds with no
hesitation or problems. I don't remember if I also tried 'expert
text'. I didn't think to report it as a bug. I just assumed it was
peculiar to my system since no else seemed to be complaining.