On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Buchan Milne wrote:

> >    a) Edit /etc/hosts
> >    b) Give up on proftpd / gnome and use something else.
> c) Fix your DNS.

Hello! Does my mother have a DNS on her standalone PC? Didn't think so.
GNOME, too, should Just Work for standalone configurations without having
an advanced user intervene first.

> > box doesn't work.  The expected result isn't achieved. The user is
> > picked off.  Sorry for the rant.  I'll crawl back in my hole.  Note this

I agree with James.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen                    Artificial Intelligence student
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        mobile phone: +31-6-44360778