On Wednesday 05 March 2003 08:19 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2003 04:07 pm, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> > According to what I understand, Warly is reporting that Mandrake Linux
> > 9.1 will be finalized no later than March 14. In my opinion, this could
> > very well be a death sentence for MandrakeSoft.

9.0 was the first time I participated in finding bugs.
I was scared to death that the 9.0 final was going to be clunky.

I was then stunned at the quality of 9.0 final after having worked
with a couple of the betas and one of the RC's.

Each incremental release up to final had its serious problems.
Then BLAM !  They nailed it.

These guys rock.

I don't know what all goes on in the inner circles but there is
some formal-like method to all this madness;  the confidence
inspiring formalities not quite getting the publicity to quelch
emails such as this unfortunately.

My money and my confidence go with the Mandrake guys.
Both, literally.  I buy a copy about once a year "just because".

Every time, little bugs that I myself don't even bump into
will come out fixed in the on-line update thingy.  That says
there is a "base target" to hit.  My opinion is that target is
always well exceeded, and I am not your average user,
I mess with things rather seriously "under the hood",
all sorts of things.

Patience.  Observe.  Be impressed.

"She'll hold together.  Here that baby ?  Hold together !"
- Han Solo

-AEF