On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:24:33PM -0600, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> If Microsoft's late *betas* had this many problems, they'd get bad
> press all over the place.

You've obviously never participated in a Microsoft beta.

a) They do have lots of problems.  Lots of hardware = Lots of hard to
track down problem.

b) They get these same sort of discussions going on the beta newsgroups.

c) Their beta testers sign NDAs so Microsoft can sue them into
silence...  Not to mention if you yap you don't get invited back again.

People will never all agree that a product is ready to ship.  I have
some personal disagreements with some of the software that is included.
But really.  Can we check the Microsoft comparisons at the door?  They
are such a cliché and 90% of the time they aren't even accurate.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the
champion only of her own." -- John Quincy Adams, July 4th, 1821