On Thursday 06 March 2003 13:34, rcc wrote:

> definitely, Germany (=ISDN country) is the second largest market next to
> the US. I just don't understand how mdk can afford to surrender that
> market to SuSE. I've personally converted lots of people to Mandrake but
> I always am somwhat reluctant when I meet people with ISDN because of
> the rather suboptimal ISDN support of mdk.

Yes and that is bugging me a lot. It seems there aren't a lot of people using
isdn on cooker, but I know there are a lot outside from cooker, mostly
people, that try to understand linux. Even Redhat is better on isdn now then
mandrake. And that there redhat is a full american distro. I cant currently
do more then try to help. I guess ISDN will get at least in europe more
important. Maybe DSL is more and more important for internet connection, but
isdn is not only internetconnection. I would not complain so much if it
wouldn't be a problem since 6.1 to have isdn nice and running. It got better
, but it is far from optimal.
Dial up in general seems to be problematic for mandrake. I don't know why
modems are detected if the users are using  kppp or similar apps anyway and
have to configure it by hand then.

--
Regards
Steffen