Hi,
Here's is my Mom's macaroni and cheese recipe! She made this for every Sunday dinner, just about, that I can remember! All of us have loved it for many years!

Cook 3/4 to 1 box of elbow macaroni -- Cook in boiling, salted water for about 8 minutes. Drain in dolander.

Butter a shallow 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish.

Place in the bottom a layer of macaroni.

Top with generous layer of extra sharp grated cheddar cheese.

Continue layering the mac and cheese, remembering to sprinkle each layer of pasta with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Top final layer with grated cheese and dot with butter.

Now, add (along the sides of the casserole) 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk; the milk should reach the level of the top pasta layer.

Cover dish and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cover dish for first 25 minutes, and then uncover for final baking period.

Enjoy!
Penny