I *really* like the counter top steamers. You can pour the water into them
while they're cold, they don't use as much electricity as the stove, and
they have a timer that you can mark and set for how long you want to cook
something. Plus there's the undocumented feature.
Get a small cup or other small vessel and set it on top of the steamer
before you turn it on. In this container put some butter and possibly a few
herbs. The blow-off steam from the steamer will melt the butter and seep the
herbs, so that you can then pour it over your veggies when they're done, so
the sauce  gets prepared at the same time. Do a search for
electric+food+steamer and that should turn up several good results.