Or cook the beans Caribbean style

1/3 c olive oil (canola will do)
In your case I would chopped up what ever veggies you can eat fine, like carrots, celery, and whatever. Make sure you soak your beans for a minimum of 8 hours to break down the Anti-Nutrients in the bean for easier digestion. Add the beans to the pot and add 4 cup liquid to 1 cup beans. You may have to add more water during the cooking process. Season with what fits your diet. It usually take 2 hours on the stove top once the beans start cooking, turn down the heat to a low heat so the beans are simmering, not boiling. Take some of the beans once they are done and run them thru the blender and return to pot. If using a crockpot. it take 8 hours on high to cook the beans. That is what it takes in my 4 qt crockpot.
RJ
P. S. If using salt, Don't add to pot until beans are about done or salt at table.

---
is active.