Without butter on the outside, if it isn't a grilled cheese sandwich, what is it?

-----Original Message----- From: Abby Vincent via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 11:45 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Abby Vincent
Subject: Re: [CnD] An early morning request for Grilled cheese sandwich method

If there's no butter on the outside, it isn't a grilled cheese sandwich. I melt the butter in the pan because I usually don't remember to take the butter out of the refrigerator in advance so it'll be soft enough to spread. Also the good cheese doesn't melt as well as the shrink wrapped slices or Velveeta or cheese wiz.
Abby