Another idea to add to this is put what ever you are making or measuring on
a tray or cookie sheet.
This way all you need to do is clean the tray.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Immigrant via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 11:38 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Immigrant <immigrant...@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CnD] Measuring tips

I don't know if there is such thing as absolute "proper" in this case.
People do what works best for them, and whatever helps in completing the
task is considered the proper way. I would rather place the measuring cup
into the bag or canister of flour, and fill it by either using the cup as a
scoop, or by holding the cup with one hand and using the free hand to fill
the cup. Less mess that way.