Makes sense because I use any kind of soda pop I have around and it's fabulous and not sweet in the meat.

Karen
At 01:55 AM 1/9/2021, you wrote:
I think coffee would work fine.  The acid will do tenderizing too.

On Sat, 9 Jan 2021, Richard Kuzma via Cookinginthedark wrote:

Hi there,
Do you think the coffee thing would work for turkey leg in crock pot,
Never heard of that one before

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Jude DaShiell via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 4:40 AM
To: Rebeca V via Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Jude DaShiell <jdash...@panix.com>
Subject: Re: [CnD] Crockpot recipes

Round steak is affordable.  Potatoes and onions peeled and halved and placed
in the bottom of a crockpot liner followed by round steaks and half a cup of
left over coffee and cooked on low for 6 to 8 hours produces a gravy from
the coffee that tastes nothing like coffee and steaks that are tenderized or
did the last time I made this.  If the steaks get put on a plate and the
remaining contents in the liner get mashed, you get steaks and onion loaded
mashed potatoes with that gravy.  Maybe add a salad and bread and you have a
balanced meal on your hands.