That was fast! Thanks Paul, I'll try it out. Bill Scott's webpage (my usual
source of nightly builds) has been down for several days, so I'll try to build
it myself from source - I recall that being a little bit of a finicky process
on OS X last time I tried, but hopefully I'll manage.

Another note - what is active_atom_spec() supposed to do? I guessed it was an
equivalent of active_residue() but returning the specific atom rather than the
CA, but it returns this when called:

_90ac6c78c97f0000_p_std__pairT_bool_std__pairT_int_coot__atom_spec_t_t_t

While pushing the following to the console:
BL INFO:: command input is:  active_atom_spec()
BL INFO:: result is <Swig Object of type 'std::pair< bool,std::pair<
int,coot::atom_spec_t > > *' at 0x10c8cda50>
swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'std::pair< bool,std::pair<
int,coot::atom_spec_t > > *', no destructor found.

Oliver.