On 05/03/2013 18:39, Dan Xu wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for your good suggestions. I have updated this fix and put the new webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dxu/8001334/webrev.01/. Please help review it. Thanks!

-Dan

I've looked at the latest webrev and it looks quite good. There are several other things that should be done, like the O_CLOEXEC topic that we discussed here, but they can be done later. The main thing is that we've removed the dependency on the JVM_* functions and so finally being the interruptible I/O story to to end.

For naming then I probably should chosen something other than handle* for the *nix code but I guess what you have is okay.

A few comments on the *nix handleOpen:

- it doesn't look like "flag" is needed as you can pass oflag to open64.

- it looks like close could set errno. At least for the EISDIR case you probably should set this after the close.

- I assume fstat64 should use RESTARTABLE.

A small comment on handleRead/handleWrite is that the return from read/write is normally ssize_t.

Something for another day but we would re-examine handleAppend as the file should be open for O_APPEND already.

Minor nit in handleAvailable is that the last if-then-else is missing braces around the return 0.

Minor nit in the RESTARTABLE macro (io_util_md.c), probably should use 4-space indent.

That's all I have.

-Alan.