On 1/30/15 3:04 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 01/27/2015 05:37 AM, Mandy Chung wrote:
System.runFinalizationOnExit has been deprecated since 1998 (JDK 1.2)
and this method is inherently unsafe.  I am thinking to propose this method
in JDK 9 to throw UnsupportedOperationException.

I believe it's rare for existing applications using
System.runFinalizationOnExit.
My analysis on Maven Central ~315K artifacts that show about ~15 unique
artifacts calling System.runFinalizationOnExit while they all come from
only 5 classes.
Does this include test suites?

No.  I only analyzed the jar files.

I see a few callers in Fedora in test suites, but only hsqldb as an
actual user in the installed JAR files.

Do you see any issue converting them?

Mandy