Le 29/01/15 04:43, Mandy Chung a écrit :
> Throwing UOE is intentional so that applications depending on existing
> behavior will be modified not to use this deprecated method.   Making
> it a no-op makes it harder to diagnose for applications depending on
> the finalizers to be invoked on exit to free resources.  I opt to
> throw UOE (or remove the method that will leave it for another
> discussion some other day).

Maybe one or two years ago, I saw a similar discussion about "almost
removing" a method from the JDK. Some proposed to define a new
annotation in addition to @Deprecated, something like @Retired, which
would cause the javac and javadoc compilers to behave as if the method
has been removed while the method would still be available at runtime
for a transition period. Would it be something worth to consider? (or
alternatively an optional argument to @Deprecated?)

    Martin