On 04/02/2015 14:29, Peter Levart wrote:
:

I agree that this is the most appropriate way with which you can force some provider's class code (the constructor) in the call stack so that you get correct AccessControlContext to check against. But the name starts to sound like German words. :-)

Wouldn't URLStreamHandlerProvider be enough? Since it's a provider for URLStreamHandlers and not URLStreamHandlerFactories.
If URLStreamHandlerFactory were an abstract class rather than an interface then this would have been easy. I agree the naming is awkward as this abstract class is a URLStreamHandlerFactory rather than a provider of URLStreamHandlerFactory objects. Renaming it to URLStreamHandlerProvider seems a good idea.

-Alan