Agreed. Updated in-place

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8064924/03/specdiff/overview-summary.html

-Chris.

On 04/02/15 14:44, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 04/02/2015 14:29, Peter Levart wrote:
:

I agree that this is the most appropriate way with which you can force
some provider's class code (the constructor) in the call stack so that
you get correct AccessControlContext to check against. But the name
starts to sound like German words. :-)

Wouldn't URLStreamHandlerProvider be enough? Since it's a provider for
URLStreamHandlers and not URLStreamHandlerFactories.
If URLStreamHandlerFactory were an abstract class rather than an
interface then this would have been easy. I agree the naming is awkward
as this abstract class is a URLStreamHandlerFactory rather than a
provider of URLStreamHandlerFactory objects. Renaming it to
URLStreamHandlerProvider seems a good idea.

-Alan