yes, gb18030 needs to be in linux/unix std-solaris/unix as well.

-sherman

On 07/28/2015 09:51 AM, Volker Simonis wrote:
Hi Jonathan, Alan,

this is a known problem and we've already discussed it intensively.

Please have a look at:

8081674: EmptyStackException at startup if running with extended or
unsupported charset

and:

8087161: Fails to start up initialize system class loader running on
unsupported charset

8081674 has a long discussion and also detailed description on how
this can be reproduced.
@Jonathan: the problem with your test case is that it is not enough to
only set the appropriate locale, you also have to make sure that the
locale is installed (see bug discussion for more details). 8081674
finally only fixed a part of the problem and left the rest for
8087161.

The mailing list thread about this issue can be found here:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-June/thread.html#33879

As your bug is an exact copy of 8087161 I've closed it as duplicate.

Regards,
Volker