Hi Alan, Sherman,

Thanks for taking a look!

I understand and totally agree with improving module separation.
Another quick test was just done on my Linux box for all available locales, and
found several more which will cause
 ExceptionInInitializerError on JDK9, but worked with JDK8.

ar_AE
ar_AE.iso88596
ar_BH
ar_BH.iso88596
ar_DZ
ar_DZ.iso88596
ar_EG
ar_EG.iso88596
ar_IQ
ar_IQ.iso88596
ar_JO
ar_JO.iso88596
ar_KW
ar_KW.iso88596
ar_LB
ar_LB.iso88596
ar_LY
ar_LY.iso88596
ar_MA
ar_MA.iso88596
ar_OM
ar_OM.iso88596
ar_QA
ar_QA.iso88596
ar_SA
ar_SA.iso88596
ar_SD
ar_SD.iso88596
ar_SY
ar_SY.iso88596
ar_TN
ar_TN.iso88596
ar_YE
ar_YE.iso88596
hebrew
he_IL
he_IL.iso88598
iw_IL
iw_IL.iso88598
mt_MT
mt_MT.iso88593
thai
th_TH
th_TH.tis620
yi_US
yi_US.cp1255
zh_CN.gb18030
zh_TW.euctw

@Sherman, so other locales (except gb18030, like euctw) are all supposed to
wait for the general solution, right ?
As I read from the scripts, it sounds to be implementation specific decision.

Thanks
Jonathan