On 30/07/2015 06:21, Xueming Shen wrote:
:

Each platform has a list of "supported locale/encoding". All these encodings/charsets need to be in base module for that particular platform, to support the jvm to start (in a particular locale/encoding) under module system. The charsets in our repository can be categorized into different groups, solaris/ linux specific, windows specific and IBM specific and couple that are shared by different platforms). The idea here is to build all those platform-specific charsets into the base module for that platform.
Right, and furthermore, we should be able to build a compact1 image or just an image with the java.base module and it should be able to start on platforms when running with a supported locale/encoding. I think the main issue we've had is establishing that list, hence it had to be extended a few times.

-Alan.