On 01/10/2015 18:07, Steve Drach wrote:

Yes, the JEP issue has several subtasks. This one, 8132734, is just for java.util.jar.JarFile. There will be a separate webrev for jar tool and another one for enhancements to ZipFileSystem. And then there are several more pieces to the puzzle such as javac, etc.

Okay. On the the ZipFileSystem then it would be good to get a summary on what you are proposing. I don't recall seeing that in the JEP and arguably it shouldn't need any changes as META-INF/versions is just a directory in the file system for anyone using the file system API.

In any case, I looked through the current webrev and it looks mostly okay. One thing that wasn't very clear is whether JarEntry needs to override other methods so that they can be forwarded to the versioned entry. It would be good to add @since to Attributes#MULTI_RELEASE before this goes in.

-Alan.