>> I suspected this is a bike shed candidate.  I think Release._9 is nicer and
>> it conveys the same information in a less cluttered way than
>> Release.RELEASE_9.
> Yes a bike shed, I'm just saying that Release._9 looks odd/inconsistent when
> we have SourceVersion.RELEASE_9 elsewhere. Maybe there has been discussion on
> this topic already. With a static import then RELEASE_9 isn't too bad.

I’ll leave this as an open issue for awhile in case I get another reviewer that
feels as strongly about it you do, or as I do.

>> :
>> The entries in a legacy jar (the only entries) or in the unversioned
>> section of a multi-release jar are directly under the top-most directory
> All I'm saying is that Release.ROOT doesn't feel quite right, esp. when ROOT
> is defined as the unversioned entries.

How about Release.BASE for base entries?

>> :
>>> I don't have time to do a detailed pass over the updated tests but I wonder
>>> if SimpleHttpServer is really a candidate to put in the testlibrary tree.
>>> It looks like it is very specific to multi-release JARs and so I would
>>> expect to be co-located with those tests rather than being a hazard in the
>>> testlibrary tree.
>> It’s in the testlibrary under java/util/jar with the other multi-release
>> specific test “helper” classes.  I could make it even more specific by
>> putting it under a java/util/jar/multi-release directory
> Yes, it needs to move to somewhere specific because it's not general purpose.

I moved it to the same file as the test itself, making it a package-private
class

>> Do we really have to stick with 80 column hollerith card semantics?  Even
>> that was changed to 96 columns about 50 years ago.  The one line, other than
>> some “fixmes" that will be removed when JEP 223 is integrated, that exceeds
>> 96 characters long will be changed by wrapping it to 94 columns.
> I didn't mention 80. If you looks at the sdiffs for URLClassPath and JarFile
> when the outliers should be obvious. All I can suggest is to keep thing
> consistent with the existing code where possible.

I only found one instance in JarFile and one instance in URLClassPath that
seemed too long.  I wrapped them both to be less than 95 columns.  Even for
short lines when using sdiff I sometimes need to “left scroll” — not sure that
making it sdiff friendly is a reasonable constraint.