On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:28:23 GMT, CC007 <github.com+5381337+cc...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> create Streamable and ParallelStreamable interface and use them in Collection
> and Optional

The List and Collection interface was almost directly taken from java.util
(apart from the small feature interfaces, that I extracted from them), so it
would make sense that those classes use an older design.

Are you suggesting that there are deeper architectural issues with the
hierarchy-heavy collection stack? Would it be better if a list contained a
collection, rather than inheriting from it? If that is the case, anything that
is proposed in this PR is merely aiming at symptoms of a possibility much
larger underlying problem, which might require going back to the drawing board
for all collection related features.