On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 13:33:40 GMT, Lance Andersen <lan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I thought about using TestProvider and then talked myself out of it. So yes,
> I can do that. If you have a preferred name other than
> `TestOverRideFSPMethods` please let me know

The only change that should be needed to TestProvider is to implement the
checkAccess method with:

        Path delegate = theFileSystem.unwrap(file);
        defaultProvider.checkAccess(delegate, modes);

With that change it should be easy to extend and override
exists/readAttributesIfExists to record that they are called. The need to run
with the test with -Djava.nio.file.spi.DefaultFileSystemProvider=TestProvider
goes away too and and should be much simpler to test that the expected
delegation.