On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 16:22:33 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I see that Alan suggested that we take up the `jar -i` deprecation in a
> separate PR. I think that simplifies the work in this PR.

Yes, there are options for `jar -i` that include "leave it as is", have the
option create the index and emit a warning that the feature is deprecated, or
remove the index creation and emit a warning that it is ignored. I don't think
we should change "jar -i` to fail with an error as that would break existing
scripts. None of these directions impact the JAR file spec or the API docs,
it's just the jar tool so I think can be separated to another PR.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13158#issuecomment-1483778627