On Mon, 3 Apr 2023 18:11:03 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is a precursor to the future removal of the `COMPAT` locale data
>> provider. Before the actual removal of the provider, warn the users who
>> explicitly specify `COMPAT` at the command line in order for their smooth
>> migration to CLDR. A CSR has also been drafted.
>
> Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Replaced "Java Runtime Environment" with "JDK Reference Implementation"

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/spi/LocaleServiceProvider.java line 120:

> 118:  * the locale sensitive services separated by a comma. As this property
> value is
> 119:  * read and cached only at the initialization of this class, users
> should specify the
> 120:  * property on the java launcher command line. Setting it at runtime with

I may have missed it but does LocalServiceProvider's description of
"java.locale.providers" say what the value of the system property is? If
providers don't have names then I'm wondering if this system property can be
used to select control ordering if I deploy my own provider. If not, then it
makes me wonder if the definition of this system property needs to move to the
implNote section.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13302#discussion_r1156398749