On Mon, 3 Apr 2023 19:56:03 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Replaced "Java Runtime Environment" with "JDK Reference Implementation"
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/spi/LocaleServiceProvider.java line 120:
>
>> 118:  * the locale sensitive services separated by a comma. As this property
>> value is
>> 119:  * read and cached only at the initialization of this class, users
>> should specify the
>> 120:  * property on the java launcher command line. Setting it at runtime
>> with
>
> I may have missed it but does LocalServiceProvider's description of
> "java.locale.providers" say what the value of the system property is? If
> providers don't have names then I'm wondering if this system property can be
> used to select control ordering if I deploy my own provider. If not, then it
> makes me wonder if the definition of this system property needs to move to
> the implNote section.

Locale providers provided by users can all be loaded in the name of `SPI`, as
they are the real implementation of `LocaleServiceProvider` class, so the order
of the preference can be specified against JDK's `CLDR` provider. Does this
answer your question?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13302#discussion_r1156415773