>  In my experience, it will take longer to agree on the deprecation than
adding a simple API with known semantics.

All right, so I'll focus on creating new APIs first. I hope to get it at
least in Java 21.
It is also acceptable to deprecate the old API at a later date.

As observed, coming to agreement on the naming is likely the hard part.
> You might want to start a discussion about that; but it may be too soon
> for a PR.

I thought it might be more efficient to discuss after creating a draft PR.
It seems that it is difficult to attract more experts to participate in the
discussion only on the mailing list. Do you have any suggestions for this?

Glavo