On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 15:08:13 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/unix/native/jspawnhelper/jspawnhelper.c line 139:
>>
>>> 137:     ChildStuff c;
>>> 138:     struct stat buf;
>>> 139:     /* argv[1] contains the fd number to read all the child info */
>>
>> I would prefer to also fix the use of `argc-1` below to match.  Its a pretty
>> odd form and might trip someone later.
>
> I wondered about this, it looked so deliberate. So I wondered whether
> jspawnhelper is used outside of the posix_spawn context, but cannot find
> anything. Maybe historic?

I'm not aware of any other uses either; its not intended to be used outside of
ProcessImpl especially since the addition of the new protocol to communicate
parameters and confirm launching of the child.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14531#discussion_r1235515103