> Currently we exit the VM after static dumping with
> `MetaspaceShared::exit_after_static_dump()`.
>

>  // We have finished dumping the static archive. At this point, there may be
> pending VM
>  // operations. We have changed some global states (such as
> vmClasses::_klasses) that
>  // may cause these VM operations to fail. For safety, forget these
> operations and
>  // exit the VM directly.
>  void MetaspaceShared::exit_after_static_dump() {
>    os::_exit(0);
>  }
>

> As the comment suggests, the VM state is altered when preparing and
> performing the static dump, so this change aims to prevent these state
> changes so the VM can exit normally after the static dump completes. There
> are three major aspects to this change:
> 1. Since the resolved references array in the Constant Pool is altered when
> preparing for a static dump, a "scratch copy" is created and archived instead
> 2. Symbols are sorted by address and have their hash recalculated. Similarly
> to point 1, the copies of the symbols that are to be archived have their
> hashes updated as opposed to the originals.
> 3. The handling of -Xshare:dump during argument parsing such that the VM can
> continue and exit normally with an exit code of 0.
>
> Verified with tier 1-9 tests.

Matias Saavedra Silva has updated the pull request incrementally with one
additional commit since the last revision:

  Refactored KlassToOopHandleTable, Ioi and Alan comments

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14879/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14879/files/900fa187..dc1915dc

Webrevs: