On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:16:52 GMT, Ryan Wallace <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please review this fix for jar tool not producing archive if there is a
> missing file supplied. Fix is to throw an exception and exit processing when
> a missing file is supplied. Current behaviour will recognise missing file as
> an error but continue processing and not produce the archive. Updated
> ClassPath test to verify jar is not created.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan.

Thanks for checking the history. A plus to going back to JDK 8 behavior is that
it make the `@contents` consistent with the file1, file2, file3 case where
one/more of the files doesn't exist or a bad file path is specified. It also
means that bugs/issues will be detected quicker. So I think it has positives,
it's just that it's changing 6+ year old behavior so we have to be sure.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16423#issuecomment-1794678429