On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:16:52 GMT, Ryan Wallace <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please review this fix for jar tool not producing archive if there is a
> missing file supplied. Fix is to throw an exception and exit processing when
> a missing file is supplied. Current behaviour will recognise missing file as
> an error but continue processing and not produce the archive. Updated
> ClassPath test to verify jar is not created.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan.

Thanks Jaikiran, I have amended the logic and now return false when we hit this
scenario and it is working as you expected. It will stop processing when we
find a missing file and not produce the jar while showing the existing error
message. I agree this is better behaviour. I have updated the changes to
reflect this.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16423#issuecomment-1801426138