On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 18:01:21 GMT, Eirik Bjorsnos <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> @eirbjo Yes, as you noticed, the jar file does matter. And the reason I
>> suspected it wasn't noticed was because it was in the scenario of running
>> without security manager, So may that part of the code wasn't being actively
>> executed.
>>
>> As for the rewrite, it does look good. But would it make more sense to bring
>> this change as a separate PR having a own openjdk bug issue # designated to
>> reworking of BadFactoryTest.sh for tracking purposes?
>
>> As for the rewrite, it does look good. But would it make more sense to bring
>> this change as a separate PR having a own openjdk bug issue # designated to
>> reworking of BadFactoryTest.sh for tracking purposes?
>
> We have two options:
>
> - Withdraw this PR, submit a new PR for the rewrite
> - Repurpose this PR for the rewrite, updating JBS and PR titles accordingly
>
> In either case, I can help updating/creating JBS isssues as required.
>
> I have a slight preference for repurposing, but it's up to you. What do you
> prefer?

> @eirbjo If it makes sense from perspective of commiters/reviewers, I'll be
> happy to integrate the changes here and tweak so that it looks good.

Reviewer time is a scarce resource. It would be wasteful to spend review cycles
on getting a fix of this `.sh` test integrated now and then immediately follow
up with a delete in the rewrite PR.

I think we should handle this change in one PR, not two. If you prefer to keep
the history of your `.sh` fix documented, we can repurpose this PR, otherwise
we start fresh with a new PR for the rewrite.

> I also wonder if we have BadFactoryTest.java instead of BadFactoryTest.sh ,
> will certain references elsewhere need to be adjusted accordingly, in case
> these jtreg tests are being referenced in a certain way somewhere.

jtreg will pick this up automatically. I did a search of `BadFactoryTest`
across the code base, and it is not referenced outside the file itself.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16585#issuecomment-1823271462