On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 18:08:03 GMT, Bernd <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/lib/jdk/test/lib/Platform.java line 145:
>>
>>> 143:     }
>>> 144:
>>> 145:     public static boolean isOSX() {
>>
>> This seems like a real hack. Is there really no better way to identity how
>> sleep is implemented.
>> I'd probably favor an alternative that accepts multiple values for the
>> expected value.
>
> Just ignore the binary name and only check for argv1 is imho enough.

I couldn't think if a better way to detect what the host system had and adding
this seemed inline with the busybox check.

The choice of running `sleep` seems like it was arbitrary and the test should
use something that is under JDK control rather than a platform specific tool
that can change from distro to distro. Is there any reason we don't use the
`java`, something else in the image, or even something built as part of the
test-image.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17798#discussion_r1488368949