On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 18:15:59 GMT, Dan Lutker <dlut...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Just ignore the binary name and only check for argv1 is imho enough.
>
> I couldn't think if a better way to detect what the host system had and
> adding this seemed inline with the busybox check.
>
> The choice of running `sleep` seems like it was arbitrary and the test should
> use something that is under JDK control rather than a platform specific tool
> that can change from distro to distro. Is there any reason we don't use the
> `java`, something else in the image, or even something built as part of the
> test-image.

To be fair, this looks similar to what `isMusl()` does: searching for strings
in outputs. But I do wonder if `--help` would include "sleep" for some
innocuous description somewhere, and this code would accidentally match.
@lutkerd, what's the output for `coreutils --help` for a single executable
binary?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17798#discussion_r1488374538