On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 22:02:15 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Any reason not to use
>> [exesanity_SimpleNativeLauncher](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/628cd8a489fd54db18204c3bbaf4339d7ab5e9d6/test/jdk/native_sanity/simplenativelauncher/exesanity_SimpleNativeLauncher.c)
>>  or
>> [exeBasicSleep](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/628cd8a489fd54db18204c3bbaf4339d7ab5e9d6/test/jdk/java/lang/ProcessBuilder/exeBasicSleep.c)
>>  in all cases?
>
> I'd be ok with exeBasicSleep; (currently only used on Windows and if its been
> built by the make files).
> Note the discovery mechanism used in Basic.java `initSleepPath()` to locate
> and identify the path where its built or to fallback to the OS sleep.

I opted to just check for coreutils existing as a signal that it was single
executable. With Fedora and AL2023 coreutils-single package this will work.
Some other distro could choose to use the symlink version of this or exclude
sleep from coreutils-single in the future, but we can deal with that if it
every actually comes up.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17798#discussion_r1525573046