On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:43:45 GMT, Suchismith Roy <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Allow support for both .a and .so files in AIX.
>> If .so file is not found, allow fallback to .a extension.
>> JBS Issue: [JDK-8319516](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8319516)
>
> Suchismith Roy has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   trraling spaces

I think ideally the member suffix should be added by `System.mapLibraryName`
since that takes care of mapping the platform agnostic library name to a
platform specific string that identifies a library. Is it possible to infer the
member name from the library name? (e.g. from `clang` infer
`clang(libclang.so.16)`).

FWIW, there exists an API that is a more direct proxy for dlopen, which is
`SymbolLookup.libaryLookup`.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17945#issuecomment-2013435496