Hello

Thanks for sending this email. Your idea makes a lot of sense, but I feel
that it only serves a very specific use case. That does not make it bad,
but it does make it narrow.

I already suggested my idea in my email to Rémi, where the index is just
another field in the data type being streamed. Doing it this way, we can
not only cover your use case, but the use cases of many others. It has a
far wider reach for the same level of effort.

And finally, make it a point to send an email on the mailing list and
getting consensus BEFORE making a pull request. I am guilty of this too.
But going out of order like this slows down the system and forces reviewers
to take extra steps that they wouldn't have to if you had followed protocol.