On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 21:58:29 GMT, Damon Nguyen <dngu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This issue is responsible for updating the translations of all the
>> localize(able) resources in the JDK. Primarily, the changes between JDK 22
>> RDP 1 and the integration of the JDK 23 RDP 1 L10n drop will be translated.
>>
>> The translation tool adjusted some definitions, which causes some changes in
>> localized files where the source file had no changes. This causes some words
>> being reverted from localized languages to English, and some had its
>> definitions changed.
>>
>> Alternatively, the diffs are viewable here and was generated using Jonathan
>> Gibbons' diff tool for l10n:
>> https://cr.openjdk.org/~dnguyen/output2/
>
> Damon Nguyen has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Remove double quotes

src/jdk.jdi/share/classes/com/sun/tools/example/debug/tty/TTYResources_de.java
line 325:

> 323:         {"Unexpected event type", "Unerwarteter Ereignistyp: {0}"},
> 324:         {"unknown", "unbekannt"},
> 325:         {"Unmonitoring", "Monitoring von {0} aufheben"},

The English entry is:

        {"Unmonitoring", "Unmonitoring {0} "},

But the German entry now says "Monitoring". I'm  sure what the original
"\u00DCberwachung" translates to, other than berwachung is monitoring. Now this
resource is partly in English, and is the incorrect English.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19609#discussion_r1633902362